Driving the transportation industry toward a better risk solution.
The transportation industry’s boundaries extend well beyond a particular focused area. It affects multiple enterprises. For trucking, transportation and logistics businesses, as well as the organizations they impact, Gibraltar is committed to strengthening the supply chain by actively managing transportation risks.
For example, we know you could face dealing with compliance risks driven by CSA and Hours of Service regulations. We know you want to better manage and improve driver performance. The road is a dangerous place where accidents are bound to happen. The Gibraltar Group stays focused on generating positive outcomes.
No matter the level of risk or what new challenges arise, our RiskIMPACT™ process addresses the unique needs of the transportation industry. Learn more about our transportation practice below.
- Hand freight
- Stock and material movers
- Truck drivers
- Sales workers
- Marine transportation
Risk Control/ Advisory Services
- Fleet safety programs
- Driver training programs
- Fleet tracking and optimization
- Driver recruiting and retention programs
- Motor vehicle record services
- Department of transportation compliance audits
- Succession planning (TransitionGUARD™)
- Certificate tracking (VendorGUARD™)
- Cash flow management (CashGUARD™)
- Human capital services (PeopleGUARD™)
- Private equity services (EquityGUARD™)
- Reputation management (ImageGUARD™)
- Personal liability coverage
- Physical damage coverage
- Towing coverage
- Occupational accident coverage
- Automobile coverage
- Umbrella coverage
- Collision, comprehensive or specified perils
- Cargo coverage
- Aggregate and combined deductibles
- Personal effects coverage for drivers
- Workers’ compensation coverage
- Employment practices liability coverage
- Employee benefits coverage
- Alternative risk financing
- Occupational accident coverage
- Directors & officers/management liability
- Transportation insurance
- Fleet insurance
- Facility insurance
Managing driver compensation costs and claims.
RiskIMPACT™: $650 per driver per year
Transportation employers get hit from both ends when it comes to workers’ compensation. Fraudulent claims are more common among drivers in the transportation industry than employees in other industries. Also, few doctors understand the best way to treat a driver’s unique physical needs. So, even when a there is a legitimate claim, drivers rarely receive appropriate treatment and returning to work takes much longer than necessary.
This issue was evident when a transportation business with more than 50 units engaged Gibraltar’s risk experts to redesign their workers’ compensation policies and procedures from the ground up. Not only did the RiskIMPACT™ process uncover some major billing and audit issues, it became clear that fraudulent claims were a major problem.
We introduced this organization to our primary and secondary prevention strategies for transportation companies to prevent future losses. We also negotiated with adjusters to return employees to work and minimize the impact on the experience modifier, or e-mod. As a result, we were able to help lower their compensation costs by no less than $650 per driver per year.