Serving the hospitality industry with innovative risk solutions.
Every day, restaurants, hotels, nightlife venues and other businesses in the hospitality industry face a new realm of risk. Employee turnover, employee and customer safety, property damage, lawsuits, profitability and reputation management are just a few of the things business leaders have on their minds.
We have the resources to create a custom risk management program for lodging and food service operations. Our extensive industry experience, combined with industry-specific insurance carriers and special policy enhancements, create a solid edge of protection for your most important asset: your future.
No matter the level of risk or what new challenges arise, our RiskIMPACT™ process addresses the unique needs of the hospitality industry. Learn more about our hospitality practice below.
- Limited service hotels
- Fast food restaurants
- Full service hotels
- Fine dining
- Casino and resort properties
- Time share properties
- Table service
- Residential/hotel operations
- Franchise programs
- Country clubs
- Golf courses
Risk Control/ Advisory Services
- Continuous property value assessments
- Power failure plan
- Employee handbook assessments
- Facilities safety assessments
- OSHA compliance reviews and form management
- Succession planning (TransitionGUARD™)
- Certificate tracking (VendorGUARD™)
- Cash flow management (CashGUARD™)
- Human capital services (PeopleGUARD™)
- Private equity services (EquityGUARD™)
- Reputation management (ImageGUARD™)
- Property coverage
- Business income and extra expense coverage
- Umbrella coverage
- Employment practices liability coverage
- General liability coverage
- Workers’ compensation coverage
- Equipment breakdown coverage
- Alternative risk financing
- Occupational accident coverage
- D&O / management liability
- Employee benefits
- Hotel insurance
- Restaurant insurance
Case Study: Implementing HR solutions to reduce turnover expenses.
RiskIMPACT™: $50,000 per year
Significant and concentrated property values, as well as tricky human resources situations, make Gibraltar’s RiskIMPACT™ process particularly useful to the hotel management industry. By implementing our customized prevention and risk management strategies, we helped one hotel management organization with 13 locations reduce employee turnover in their organization by 25%.
Since two-thirds of workers’ compensation claims in this industry come from employees who have been on the job less than six months, Gibraltar’s human resources solutions significantly decreased this client’s insurance costs and retraining expenses significantly, resulting in at least $50,000 in cost savings every year.